Core topic: How to find leads in Edmonton
Tone: Light read
Tactics covered: Edmonton related Cold Calling, Email Marketing, and LinkedIn Marketing
In the heart of the Great White North, Edmonton, Alberta stands up as a city not just known for its cool winters but also for a thriving business landscape. To conquer the Edmonton market, B2B outbound sales need a unique blend of strategy, charm, and a hearty dose of humour. Let’s explore the vibrant business culture of Edmonton, define how to find leads in Edmonton and delve into a few tactics, with a sprinkle of Canadian humour, that can turn cold calls into warm opportunities.
Understanding the Edmonton Business Scene
Edmonton, nestled along the North Saskatchewan River, boasts a diverse economy with strong sectors in energy, manufacturing, technology, and healthcare. Even with it being a capital and at risk of divisive politics driving its atmosphere, businesses in this city are accustomed to a friendly and collaborative atmosphere, making relationship-building a key aspect of your B2B success. To navigate the Edmonton market, it’s essential to embrace the local charm and infuse a bit of humour into your outbound sales approach.
Crafting a more Casual and humourous Cold-Calling Approach
The Weather Wisecrack:
- Edmontonians share a camaraderie in facing the chilly winters, and acknowledging this common experience can be an excellent “ice”-breaker. See what we did there? Open your cold call with a light-hearted weather-related remark like, “Hey [Prospect’s Name], hoping this call warms you up more than a double-double on one of our winter days!”
Poking Fun at the Cold Call:
- Acknowledge the elephant in the room – the cold call itself. humourously diffuse the tension with a line like, “I promise, this isn’t your typical cold call. Think of it as a lukewarm call, more like a friendly chat with a fellow Edmontonian, only with a dash of business spice.”
Tactics for Successful B2B Outbound Sales
- In a city that lives and breathes hockey, incorporating references to the Oilers or even a CFL reference to the Elks can break the ice. For instance, “Just like the Oil strive for Stanley, we’re here to help your business score where it matters. How about we chat about your goals over a virtual cup of coffee?”
Localized LinkedIn Banter:
- Leverage LinkedIn with a touch of humour. Craft connection requests and messages that reflect an understanding of the local culture. For example, “Hey [Prospect’s Name], I don’t play for the Oil, but I’ve got some game-changing solutions for your business. Let’s connect and score some wins!”
The “Coffee and Business” Combo:
- Edmontonians appreciate a good cup of coffee, so why not turn it into a memorable gesture? Offer to send a virtual coffee gift card or suggest a casual coffee meeting to discuss business. It’s a friendly way to show appreciation for their time.
Festival Season Fun:
- Edmonton is famous for its festivals, from K-Days to the Fringe Festival and the Ice on Whyte. Incorporate festival references into your outreach, like, “Just like our festivals light up Edmonton, our services can illuminate your business. Let’s create a success story that rivals the excitement of Festivus for the rest of us!”
In the land of the northern lights and warm hearts, Edmonton’s business community provides a rich canvas for B2B outbound sales success. By infusing a casual and humourous touch into your cold-calling strategy, you not only break down barriers but also tap into the friendly spirit of Edmonton. So, put on your tuque, grab a Tims, and embark on a journey to win over the Edmonton market with a warm smile, a dash of humour, and a genuine desire to make lasting connections in this remarkable city. After all, in business a good strategy and a bit of humour can lead to winning ways.
BitWide supports your sales efforts by doing the labour intensive sales outreach for you. If you are thinking about hiring cold callers, email marketers or LinkedIn marketers targeting Edmonton or other regions across North America we can help. Book a meeting with us here: https://www.bitwide.com/book-a-meeting/ or email us at email@example.com.